We hope you’re as excited for next week’s Smart Vision Lights inaugural Innovative Illumination Summit as we are. We already know of some people who are very excited for the Summit: the five semi-finalists that will fight to win $2,000 as the winner to our best vision application contest.
Based on the review of our engineering judges, the five finalists are:
- Clear Bottle Application (by Harris Jones from ACS), which identifies the orientation of a bottle and communicates to servo-driven orienting belts to present correctly turned bottles to front and rear label applicators;
- Glue Bead Application (by Jake Hall from Industrial Controls), which confirms that a robot properly dispensed a bead of glue around the perimeter of a translucent mirror;
- Verifying Blade Present (by Russ Berryman from Western Diversified Plastic), which checks and verifies the measurement of a blade present and type of fuse based on a CAD drawing;
- Fuel Filler Tube Inspection (by Brian Vanderpryt from Indicon), which inspects two components in the frame of a truck using six cameras that are triggered in pairs; and
- Seat Buckle Installation Position – Various Subassemblies (by Peter Denzinger from Vista Solution), which inspects a seat belt buckle component to determine the quality and installation position of various sub-assemblies.
All five companies will present their applications at the Summit starting the afternoon of Wednesday, June 8, with the Vision Contest winner being announced at the end of the Summit on Friday, June 10. The first-prize winner will receive $2,000 and a possible write-up in Vision System Design magazine. Second- and third-place entrants will each receive a $500 gift card. Congratulations to all five of the finalists!
And one final reminder, there are still a few discounted hotel rooms and slots available for Smart Vision Light’s two-and-a-half day technical summit available! For more information, go to: http://smartvisionlights.com/innovative-illumination-summit