Smart Vision Lights’ first-ever Innovative Illumination Summit, scheduled for June 8-10, 2016, will not only have exhibits, contests, and fun. We’ve assembled an all-star line-up of speakers who will inform and entertain you on a number of exciting topics:
- Keynote speaker Bob Steinke grew DVT from a small machine vision company in Georgia to an internationally known company. Bob also received an award from A3 as the inventor of the Smart Camera. Bob is an outstanding speaker and motivator, and you won’t want to miss him.
- Ray Hook is the Senior Manager of Global Serialization for PCI pharma services. As a leading contract pharmaceutical packager, PCI has put together a global team of experts to roll out serialization equipment and update their packaging lines worldwide. As part of this team, Ray heads up the engineering arm of the team and directs serialization engineers in the various PCI facilities globally. Today, he is using his extensive machine vision and database background to help PCI, meet the US-DSQA (along with mandates from other countries) deadline of placing unique serial numbers on individual prescription packages, and aggregating them to bundles, cases, and pallets as needed, by November 2017.
- Jeff Burnstein is the president of the Association for Advancing Automation (A3), the parent group of the Robotic Industries Association (RIA), AIA – Advancing Vision + Imaging, and the Motion Control and Motors Association (MCMA). Jeff is a frequent commentator on issues such as the impact of automation on jobs and the future of automation beyond the factory floor.
- Alex Shikany is director of Market Analysis for A3. He researches and reports statistics for the robotics, vision, and motion control markets. Alex also develops market opportunity studies and white papers for the automation industry on key issues such as the impact of robots on employment, and end user insights into collaborative robotics.
- David L. Dechow is staff engineer for Intelligent Robotics/Machine Vision at FANUC. He has worked in the field of machine vision for over 30 years as a programmer, engineer, and manager and is widely recognized as a leading expert in the area of machine vision integration and technology.
- Michael Strong is an industry scientist for the Lighting and Electronics Application Engineering group at Dow Corning Corp. He has spent the last 28 years working on applications of silicone materials for the electronics and lighting industries. Michael was one of the scientists who invented and developed the Moldable Optical Silicone materials currently being used in LED lighting systems.