“We can only achieve extraordinary things if we aspire beyond traditional thinking.” – Michigan Governor Rick Snyder
A few weeks ago I was listening to a speaker talk about dreaming big. He posed the question, “When you dream, do you dream like a little kid?” Then he went on to explain:
“Remember when you were a little kid and you talked about what kind of car you were going to drive when you turned 16? Your friend said, ‘I’m gonna drive a Ferrari that will go 300 mph.’ Your other friend said, ‘Well, my Ferrari is gonna do 500 mph and it will be able to fly.’ Not to be outdone, you finally looked at them and said, ‘That’s nothing; my Ferrari will cruise at the speed of light, fly at Mach speed, and turn into an invisible submarine.’” Now that’s dreaming big.
Do you still dream big?
Your team at SVL continues to dream big each and every day to bring you the most innovative lighting and illumination solutions in the industry. But it’s not just about technology. It’s also about putting our customers at the center of everything we do, from helping them with custom designs and product selection to shipping lights faster than anyone else. At Smart Vision Lights, our top priority is to serve our customers — and each other — to the best of our ability. In the first half of 2014, our efforts included:
* A redesigned website with a growing library of application notes in both English and German to help our customers find new solutions to their industrial challenges.
We released several new products, including:
* The new SF30 fiber optic prox light
* The new LHF300 diffuse, homogenous fluorescent replacement light
* The new TL305 Diffuse On & Off Axis Light for inspecting products with highly reflective finishes
* Several new wavelengths in our LC Series (low-cost) lighting
* Created numerous custom lights at the request of our partners
* Designed direct-connect cables from SVL lights to several major camera OEMs, including Baumer, Cognex, and Dalsa
* A beta version of the new T-Slot light that slides directly into selected extrusions. (Limited quantities available in August 2014. Keep watching the website for updates.)
The fruits of our labor also brought us a coveted honor. Smart Vision Lights was named one of Michigan’s 50 companies to watch in 2014.
So, like your company, you can see that Smart Vision Lights has been busy. We are not done dreaming, however. We will continue to work every day with the goal of serving our customers to the best of our ability and becoming your de facto standard for solving your industrial lighting applications. If your company is involved in factory automation, materials handling, or machine integration, I hope you’ll give Smart Vision Lights a chance to join your team. We aren’t interested in just being another supplier; we want to be your partner. We want to serve you.
Whether you’re new to Smart Vision Lights or have partnered with us for the last several years, on behalf of the Smart Vision Lights team, I’d like to thank you. Keep watching for new product releases, and if you have an idea for a light you can’t find or have a tricky application, please don’t hesitate to call us. We’ll dream big dreams with you, too. I hope you’ll give us a chance to help you make your dreams a reality.
If you would like to contact me, please feel free to do so at any time.
Smart Vision Lights